Microsoft Patch Tuesday July 2022 New updates available for Download
Today is the second Tuesday of the month (July 2022) which means it’s time for another round of “Patch Tuesday updates” that Microsoft regularly issued as part of monthly security updates for all windows Supported devices. The latest patch update is about both security and non-security improvements, especially if you did not install the last few optional updates.
Patch Tuesday updates are cumulative updates that usually only include minor patches and security fixes.
July 2022 Patch Tuesday update
Microsoft’s July 2022 Patch Tuesday comes fixes for one actively exploited zero-day vulnerability and a total of 84 flaws. Four of the 84 vulnerabilities fixed in today’s update are classified as ‘Critical’ as they allow remote code execution.
The number of bugs in each vulnerability category is listed below:
- 52 Elevation of Privilege Vulnerabilities
- 4 Security Feature Bypass Vulnerabilities
- 12 Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities
- 11 Information Disclosure Vulnerabilities
- 5 Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
July 2022 Patch Tuesday forecast
- We saw a much smaller number of CVEs addressed last month and I expect that trend to continue in July. Expect the standards updates for Windows 10, 11, and the legacy operating systems. Only a handful of Office applications were updated last month so I anticipate a full suite of Office updates.
- No pre-notifications have been made so far, but Adobe Acrobat and Reader were last updated in April so a major one should surface soon.
- We’re overdue for a Monterey security update with the last coming back in May, but Apple does not release on a standard schedule.
- Google released their zero-day updates as I mentioned. Anticipate a quiet week from them for Patch Tuesday.
- Mozilla released security updates for their applications the last week of June. Firefox 102, Firefox ESR 91.11 and Thunderbird 102 were all updated. I would expect a minor update next week, if any, for these applications.
Download Windows 10 Cumulative update
All these Security updates Automatically download and get installed on your device via Windows update. To install the July 2022 cumulative updates, follow these steps:
- Open Windows Update Settings.
- Click on “Windows Update” and check for updates.
- Click on “Restart now” when prompted.
If you face any difficulty while installing these updates check how to fix Windows 10 Update installation problems.