Windows Could Not Detect Network Proxy Settings (solved)
Here are some of the effective solutions to Solve the "Windows Could Not Automatically Detect Network Proxy Settings" Error
Sometimes you may see that frustrating yellow exclamation point icon over your network connection icon in Windows. The OS offers to troubleshoot it for you, but after running through the automatic tool, you see this message:
“Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings”
What does this mean, and how do you fix it? Let’s take a look at Windows’ proxy settings and the steps to repair this.
A proxy server acts as a middleman between your computer and the internet. Instead of you connecting directly to the internet, you connect to the server, which grabs information from the internet for you.
Well, whenever you face network & internet connection problem It’s always recommended to restart your Network equipment first.
Also press Windows + R, type ipconfig /flushdns and ok.
Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter
When you right-click on the network connection icon and choose to troubleshoot, it runs the Internet Connections troubleshooter, which results in the “Windows could not detect proxy settings” error. But there’s another network troubleshooter you can run that might provide more help.
- Open Settings using Windows + I keyboard shortcut,
- Click on Network and internet,
- locate the Network troubleshooter in the list and walk through the troubleshooter for this.
Check Proxy Settings
To access proxy settings in Windows 10,
- Open Settings using Windows key + I and go to Network & Internet category
- Switch to the Proxy tab from the left sidebar.
- Here you’ll see a list of options related to proxy servers.
- If you don’t use a proxy, make sure the Use a proxy server slider is turned off.
- Leave Automatically detect settings on if it is already.
- After this, try reconnecting to the network again.
Set to Obtain IP Address and DNS Automatically
Sometimes misconfigured IP addresses or DNS settings can cause No Internet Access too. Let’s set the network configuration to obtain IP and DNS addresses automatically from the DHCP server.
- Open Settings followed by Network & Internet then Status.
- Click the Change adapter options button in the list to see all your network connections,
- Then double-click on the one you’re using.
- Click the Properties button and double-click Internet Protocol Version 4 in the list.
- Make sure you have both Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically selected.
Reset Network Configuration Via the Command Prompt
Windows offers many network troubleshooting tools through the Command Prompt. A few quick commands can clear up your issue in moments. If you’re still having trouble opening the Command Prompt as Administrator. Then run the following commands, one at a time. They will reset various network functions of your computer:
- netsh Winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- ipconfig /flushdns
Close the command prompt and Restart Windows, Now check Internet connection started working.
Update Your Network Driver
An outdated network driver may lead to connection problems. Let’s update or reinstall the network driver with the latest version which probably helps to fix this error.
- Open Device manager using Devmgmt.msc.
- Expand the Network adapters section
- Double-click on the connection you use.
- On the Driver tab, you can choose Update Driver
- Select Automatic and follow the on-screen instructions to download the latest driver update from windows update.
- Restart windows to apply changes.
Reset Your Network Settings
Still, a problem is not solved, here is another effective solution that reinstalls and resets network settings to their default.
- Open Settings > Network & Internet.
- On the Status tab, find Network reset at the bottom and click this.
Be aware that this will remove all network information from your computer, so you’ll need to reconnect to saved networks again. If you’re OK with this, click Reset now.
- Your computer will perform the reset, then restart.
- Now check if the problem solved