Windows 11 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error (Solved)
Page fault in Nonpaged Area blue screen error usually occurs when an application attempts to make use of memory that is part of its work set but does not find it.. Well here we have a few effective solutions apply to fix this windows 11 Blue screen error on your computer.
Usually installing a faulty or outdated driver on your system cause the page fault in nonpaged area error in windows 11. Again Buggy windows updates, damaged system files, disk problems, and third-party antivirus conflict also cause this error. To fix the windows 11 blue screen error starts your PC in safe mode, Temporarily disable your antivirus, update the display driver, check the disk drive for errors and more.
Page Fault in the Nonpaged area
This error causes your operating system to access data from the virtual memory then load it into the RAM.
If you recently installed new hardware and your computer suddenly started experiencing BSODs, you should definitely try removing the new hardware first.
Temporarily disable or uninstall third-party antivirus. There are chances your antivirus is somehow interfering with reading from or writing to the paging file somehow, thereby causing the blue screen error.
Another reason for the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error could be a problem in your RAM due to power failure.
- Turn off your computer, and unplug all the power cords.
- Remove the RAM from your PC and reinsert it properly.
- Restart your computer and see if your blue screen error is solved.
Check memory problems
If something is wrong with RAM or RAM is faulty, it is almost definitely the cause of the BSOD. Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool that scans and fixes memory errors.
- Press Windows key + S, type mdsched.exe and hit enter key to open the windows memory diagnostic tool,
- Next, select Restart now and check for problems (recommended),
- This will restart your PC and check the memory module for errors, It might take more than 15 minutes for the scan and fix process to complete,
- After the search is completed, the computer will display the detected problem on the screen.
Look for Disk Problems
RAM isn’t the only physical component that could be at fault, it could be also your Hard drive or SSD. Run the Check Disk utility referred to ask Chkdsk, that scan and repairs some basic problems and helps mitigate more severe ones.
- Open command prompt as administrator,
- Type command Chkdsk /f /x C and hit enterkey,
- Next type Y to schedule run check disk utility on next start,
- Close all open programs and restart your PC, to check the disk drive for errors
- Let the scanning process complete 100%
- Once done reboot your system normally and check if there is no more.
Run DISM and system file checker utility
Next, run the DISM restore health command and SFC utility that service the system image and repair or replace corrupted system files.
- Again open the command prompt as administrator,
- First, run the command DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Next, run the system file checker utility command SFC /scannow
These aren’t the most likely cause of a Page Fault in NonPaged Area BSOD, but they are quick and easy steps you can take which may solve the problem
Outdated and corrupted drivers are another reason for PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error. You can update these drivers to fix this problem.
Right-click on the start menu select device manager,
- Expand all options in the list to find out which of them is marked with a yellow sign.
- Right-click one of the faulty drivers and choose Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Then it will update the driver for you automatically. Repeat step 3 and step 4 to update all faulty drivers.
If it does, you’ll need to visit the manufacturer’s website and manually download any updated drivers that are available in their Support section.
Recreate the swap file (page file)
This is another effective solution help most users fix the windows 11 blue screen error on their computer.
- Press Windows key + R, type SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe and click ok,
- Click on settings under the performance section
- Under the performance options, screen move to the Advanced tab then select Change under the Virtual memory section (refer to the image below)
- Here uncheck the box beside Automatically manages paging size for all devices.
- Next, select the radio button No paging file then click ok and restart your PC.
- Repeat the same steps except this time select “system managed size”then click Set
- Again reboot your PC and check if the blue screen error is gone.
Install Quality & Feature Updates
Install the latest Windows updates that may have a bug fix for this windows 11 page fault in the nonpaged area blue screen error.
- Open settings using the Windows key + X, then hit the check for updates button,
- If new updates are available click on download and install to get the latest updates from the Microsoft server.
- Once done you need to restart your computer to apply them.
Open troubleshoot window and scan peripherals, network adapter, wireless adapter, audio chip, etc for compatibility issues.
- Open Settings app, and Go to “Troubleshoot” under the “System” menu.
- Click on “Other troubleshooters” to continue.
- Here Find a device and click on the “Run” button.
- The troubleshoot window shows up on the screen and the diagnosis begins.
Scan all devices that I have mentioned above and find if they are working properly or not. Faulty drivers don’t work efficiently and they create problems from time to time and the troubleshooter exposes it.
Modify Memory Settings
- Press Windows key + R, type sysdm.cpl and hit ok, and move to Advanced tab,
- Select Settings in Startup and Recovery box and Uncheck “Automatically restart“.
- Select “Complete memory dump” in the drop-down menu of Write debugging information. Then click OK.
- Restart your computer and see if this way works.
Did the above solutions help fix the windows 11 blue screen error page fault in non paged area? Let us know in the comments below.