Windows 10 Memory Management Blue Screen Error [Solved]
If you are windows 10 user, you may know about the blue screen of death errors. This article contains some information and instructions to fix memory management blue screen error.
You probably know about this Memory Management Blue Screen Error or already have encountered it. In recent years, many Windows users have encountered this memory management stop error. In paste, Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 users faced it. It seems the old terror has returned again. Many users complained that they saw this error for the first time after the windows 10 update. However, But, There are a few methods that you can apply to fix windows 10 memory management error.
What Causes this Error?
Any BSOD error appears when windows can’t recognize or fail to handle any services. But, there are several reasons. Here they are –
- Problematic Drivers.
- Third-party software.
- Memory problems.
- Incorrect logical structure of HDD.
Anyway, We can describe more things as the culprit. But these are the widespread reasons.
BSODs are also known as stop error. The memory management BSOD also comes with a stop error code 0x0000001a or any other similar codes. Statistics says, This problem mostly occurs when you are downloading anything by any torrent software like uTorrent or BitTorrent, or when you try to run any resource-hungry programs. Else, It may occur while opening any incompatible software or applications.
Memory Management error on Windows 10
I’m sure, You don’t like this solution, and you are bored. But, Updating driver can be helpful If an outdated driver problem causes Memory management error.
A common cause of the MEMORY MANAGEMENT error is a damaged, outdated or incorrect video card driver. We recommend update Graphics driver on windwos 10.
Again sometimes, You may face this issue, When you are downloading any files by download manager and Utorrent. It occurs when your download speed is ultra first. Personally, I encountered it every time i downloaded any big files by using torrent software, and the speed was around 40/45 Mbps. Then, I just updated drivers, especially the wireless driver. I was lucky that I could resolve my problem.
- Press the Windows logo key and R on your keyboard to invoke the Run box.
- Type “devmgmt.msc“, then press Enter on your keyboard.
- Double click Network adapters. Right-click your wireless network adapter, then click Update driver.
Run chkdsk Command
Sometimes, Hard disk bad sector sometimes some memory problems. It can cause memory management stop error. In that case, Running chkdsk command can be helpful.
- Press Windows key + S type cmd, Right-click on command prompt select run as administrator,
- Now, Type chkdsk /f C: and hit Enter.
- It may ask for rebooting the PC. Just press Y and hit enter.
- Now, Your PC will automatically scan and fix some basic problems with your hard disk partition.
If you want to learn more about it, You can read: Find & Fix Hard Disk Problems
Run SFC and DISM Comment
Another excellent working method is running SFC and DISM commands. It finds and fixes corrupted system files of Windows. It may take a few minutes to 1 or 2 hours to complete the full process. You can learn how to do it, From this article. If you can do it correctly, it will fix the memory management blue screen error.
- Open command prompt as administrator,
- First run DISM command dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- Next, run system file checker utility command sfc /scannow
- Once done reboot your PC and check if the blue screen error is gone.
Fix Memory Problems:
RAM problems can cause this. So, When you want to remove the memory management blue screen error from Windows, You should run the windows memory diagnostic tool. It is a built-in tool for Microsoft Windows to identify and repair common memory problems.
- Press Windows key + R, type mdsched.exe and hit enter key,
- Click on Restart now and check for problems to reboot your computer and perform the test.
- The tool will start scanning for memory errors, and it may take several minutes.
- During this process, you’ll see a progress bar and a “Status” message will inform you if any problems have been detected during the process.
Increase Virtual Memory
As this problem is related to memory, you can increase the virtual memory amount. It may fix the memory issue. As a result, It has an excellent chance to correct memory management errors.
By the way, To increase virtual memory, follow these steps.
- First of all, Press on Win + R on the keyboard to open Run.
- Now, Type sysdm.cpl and hit enter. It will open the System Properties window. From there, Go to the Advanced tab.
- Now, Click on the Settings of Performance section.
- From there, Go to the Advanced tab and click on Change.
- Now, Mark “Custom” and set the virtual memory according to your preferences.
By the way, After increasing the size, restart your PC. I hope it will solve your problem.
Any third-party programs or services may create conflicts with memory. As a result, Windows may show you the blue screen of death to avoid permanent damage. So, To identify the problematic third-party programs and services, perform clean boot. Then, Identify and remove the culprit.
System restore is a perfect way to get rid of many problems of Windows. To fix the memory management error, do system restore to the earlier point when you did not experience this issue. Hopefully, It will work.