How to Reduce Google Chrome CPU Usage in windows 11
There’re many possible causes for Chrome high CPU usage, but there’re also many possible solutions to fix it.
Google Chrome is a most popular and faster web browser. But it has a problem. Chrome uses high CPU power and RAM. Even it may make hard disk too busy. As a result, your PC may face performance issues. By following some specific steps you can reduce Chrome CPU usage on windows 11 or 10.
How to Reduce Google Chrome CPU Usage
You can reduce chrome CPU usage by followingthe steps.
A large number of tabs – especially ones with videos, animations and lots of ads – increases Chrome’s CPU usage. The simple solution is close the tabs you don’t need and don’t open more than you need simultaneously in the future.
Sometimes Virus or malware infection also cause Google Chorme High CPU usage on windows PC. Perform full system scan with latest updated antivirus or anti malware application help fix the issue and reduct chrome CPU usage.
Open Chrome’s internal task manager using Shift + Esc while chrome running. This action brings up a list of all the tasks running in Chrome and tells you the CPU usage for each one. Click the “CPU” column to organize the tasks by CPU usage.
Here you will get a clearer picture of what is causing the problem with your Chrome, which saves time when it comes to rectifying the situation.
Chrome works best when you’re on the latest version.
- Open Chrome browser and go to chrome://settings/help
- This will automatically check for and download the latest chrome version.
- Once done, Relaunch the application.
Disable background tasks in Chrome
There are chances, the background tasks are likely causing chrome High CPU usage.
- Open chrome settings then click on system, Also you can go form here, chrome://settings/system
- On the “System” section, toggle off the “Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed” option.
Remove some unnecessary extensions from chrome. You also can disable some optional extensions. It will reduce chrome CPU usage. You will also experience a good performance from chrome. To disable or remove chrome extensions –
- Go to chrome://extensions
- Now uncheck enable to disable any extension.
- Click on the delete icon to remove any extension.
Clear Cache and Cookies
You also can reduce google chrome CPU usage by clearing cache and cookies. To do it –
- Go to chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
- Now mark which data you want to clear.
- Now click on Clear Browsing Data.
All of the steps above must help you to reduce chrome CPU usage. But if you still face high CPU and RAM usage issue, You can take the following steps.
Reset Google Chrome
To reduce chrome CPU usage, You can reset it. To do it –
- Go to chrome://settings/reset
- Then Click on restore settings to their original defaults
- Now click on Reset Setting.
You also can reset Google Chrome by following the method.
- Open RUN by pressing Windows Logo + R on your Keyboard.
- Now type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\ and Press Enter.
- Now Rename the default folder.
- Now launch Google Chrome.
This is the final step. To reduce chrome CPU usage, you can Reinstall Google Chrome.
- Open settings, go to Apps then Apps & programs
- Locate chrome select it then click on uninstall.
- After uninstall is complete, delete the following folder:
- Download the latest version of Chrome and install it again.
- 5 Windows 11 Hidden Features for Maximum Performance
- Laptop battery drains very fast after windows update? Apply these tips
- Solved: Google Chrome Sound Not Working in Windows 10
- VPN for Home Users: Do You Really Get Complete Security and Privacy?
- What is Static IP? What are the Advantages and Disadvantages?